My New Years Eve spring cleaning ritual
It’s that time of the year December 31st New Years Eve… Time for a spring cleaning frenzy… on New Years Eve!
This isn’t just any spring clean… oh no this is a super New Years Eve Cleaning Frenzy! You want to wake up, put your cleaning clothes on, tie up your laces, put on your rubber gloves, get your cleaning kit out, turn on some beats on your phone or iPod and get cracking.
It’s time to ring in the New Year fresh and clear. Get rid of the crap… the papers, the piles, the dirty wall marks, the unorganised DVDs, the winter clothes in the wardrobe, the wrappers in the car, the crumbs in the toaster, the dust on the blinds, the washing piles, the marks on the kitchen cupboards…
There’s something so powerful about starting the year off fresh.
We are going to do it in 45 minute intervals with periods of 15 mins rest. 45:15 ratio. This is how I work best 9 – 10 songs then rest and repeat.
How I Do It
- 45m work:15m rest
- put aside the whole day to clean, organise and scrub!
- Playlist of 45 mins – roughly 9 – 10 songs.
- Timer – phone is fine
- Walk into each room with pen and paper in hand, write down what needs to be done.
Cleaning Frenzy Checklist
Clean Wet Areas
- Main bedroom
- kids bedroom
- lounge room
- dining room
- office area
- Wash Car
- Vacuum interior
- Sugar Soap Walls
At the end of the day, sit down with a drink and celebrate your successes and revel in your beautifully clean, tidy and shiny house ready to tackle the New Year.
Do you like my New Years Eve cleaning frenzy idea?
Happy Spring Cleaning this New Years Eve!
Love Jana xx
- Find time for your BIG dreams
- Find motivation for your BIG dreams
- Tools to achieve your BIG dreams
- + Your FREE copy of my eBook 'Unjuggle Your Juggling Act: 20 Ways to Unjuggle Your Juggling Act So You Can Thrive While You Strive!
"I love your motivating posts! Thanks for the lovely positive injection into my day!" Kali